Ah, the sweet new trend of netbooks! Just received my Dell Inspiron Mini 9 the other night, and am in the process of writing up the review. My initial thoughts? It’s about on par with the other mini laptops I’ve used (Acer Aspire One, EEE PC, Fujitsu P7120, etc). When compared with the Aspire One specifically (at least so far), the battery life is a bit better, the keyboard layout is awful, the webcam is much better in low light, and ssd performance is a bit better (basically the same) than the aao’s hard drive.
Here’s the specs of the Mini 9 I am reviewing:
- Inspiron 910 Intel Atom processor N270, 1.6GHz, 533Mhz512K L2 Cache
- Obsidian Black Color with Gloss Finish
- 512MB,DDR2,533MHZ,1 DIMM
- 8.9 inch Wide Screen WSVGA TLLCD
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950
- 16GB Solid State Drive (mini-card Module/PATA)
- Genuine Windows XP Home Edition
- Wireless 802.11g Mini Card
- Integrated 1.3M Pixel Webcam
- 32WHr 4-cell Battery
- Bluetooth 2.1 module via USB I/F (Option)
Stay tuned for the complete review to be finished in the next couple days. Have anything specific you want to see in the review? game play footage, performance tests, etc? Let me know in the comments!
(The full review will be linked here, or just check back at the homepage)
update 9/24/08: Here is the full review! https://www.jrin.net/2008_09_25/dell-inspiron-mini-9-actual-usage-review