HTC Tornado / T-Mobile SDA / i-Mate SP5m (SP5 ?)/ Orange C600 / (Qtek 8310 ?) / (Cingular 2125 ?)– just a collection of tips/tricks/hints/hacks I’ve found throughout my searching — most links go to forum threads directing how to do each item
Links to comprehensive FAQ/registry hacks/software/etc
Software to have:
- PM Recorder — record voice calls to your phone/memory card
- Tornado PowerControl — run specified applications when the display changes (ie: run omap when screen turns on)
- Agile Messenger — AIM/ICQ/MSN/YAHOO/MIRC (direct link)
- Opera Web Browser — a web browser that supports “true” full screen, multiple windows, and generally faster than pocket IE (link to download)
- Google Maps — get google maps java program on your SDA! (link goes to direct download, as going to www.google.com/glm won’t let you download from sda…dunno why!)
- Sim and App Unlock/Decertify: download this then unzip and run unlock.bat
- Keep GPRS Always connected: to have GRPS to stay permanently connected, even after pressing the red end key to lock the phone:
-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}Connections(GPRS connection name)AlwaysOnJust change it from 0 to 1.
- Pocket IE cache save to SD instead of phone: Attached to the post in that link is a CAB file that moves Temporary Internet Files (the Cache), Cookies and History to a directory on the storage card — or do the following reg hack (source): HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/Shell FoldersValues -> Cache
Change value data to point to your Storage Card (if you have enough space, else edit your cache size limit).
- Change start menu / grid view: run the cab file in that link to apply a list view instead of ‘grid’ view